What is an Au Pair?
An Au Pair is someone who is passionate about children. They work with children, assist them with homework, have a qualification of some sort, and have extensive childcare experience.
But Au Pairing is more than just looking after a child, it is about understanding them, their feelings, and why children do certain things.
But the question everyone is asking is, “what Qualifications do you need to be an Au Pair?”
Let’s look at the basic entry requirements to become a standard Au Pair
The requirements to become an au pair are the following:
- You need to be 18 years old or older
- You need to be able to speak English
- You need to have a clear criminal record
- You need to have a car
- You need to have a valid drivers license
The above criteria are the basic entry requirements to become an au pair.
What Qualifications do you need to be an Au Pair?
In order to become a successful au pair, you need to complete a number of au pair qualifications. By doing so, you will increase your knowledge of children, you will be more confident as you will understand children on a deeper level and your family will see you as a highly qualified and motivated individual.
We recommend the following au pair qualifications:
- You have to have completed Online Au Pair Training
- You need to have completed Au Pair Training
- You need to have completed First Aid
- You need to have completed a CPR course
- Online Au Pair Cooking Course
The following au pairing experience is nice to have:
- Have at least 12 months of au pairing experience
- You need to have contactable references
The above au pair qualifications are not necessarily required however they will give you a better chance at finding employment.
With this in mind, au pairs do not have to complete all of the above au pair qualifications. Simply completing one of the courses above, will give you the knowledge and confidence you need to get the job done!
Things you may like…