A tutoring course is a course that seeks to inform, guide, and educate those who are looking to improve themselves. It is also a course that is offered at some Au Pair Agencies however, the real question is, is there additional information we need to know about this course?
The Tutoring Course
This course, as mentioned above, is a course that can be completed by anyone, regardless of age (But you do need to be older than 18), ethnicity and gender is also not a considering factor
What you need to be a Tutor:
In order to become a tutor, it is not as simple as we think. Tutors need to be screened, tested, and met certain requirements. These requirements are:
- You NEED to have a Matric as this job relies on you being a fantastic and strong student at school
- The tutoring company needs to register you and look at your Matric results
- You need to be able to supply your Matric certificate
- You need to have a valid driver’s license and a roadworthy car. Although you aren’t driving children around, you need to have a decent and respectful looking car
- You need to be over the age of 18
- You need to be trained as a Tutor
What is typically covered in a Tutoring Course?
A tutoring course generally offers the following topics:
- Homework revision
- How to assist children with homework
- How to assist a child with school projects and school speeches
- How to learn for a test
- How to conduct research on various topics
The above is just some of the topics that are covered in a Tutoring Course
Where can I get properly registered as a tutor?
There are various companies that accept applications to become a tutor. These companies include but are not limited to:
Which Companies offer proper Tutoring Courses?
We have conducted extensive research as to which qualified companies, offer a tutoring course or a form of Tutor training. Remember, you want to opt with a company that is directly linked to the tutoring industry.
The companies that offer tutoring courses are:
Why should I be a Tutor?
Being a tutor is extremely beneficial as you literally watch how you change the lives of Children by watching their grades increase, thanks to you!
I don’t want to be a Tutor. I want to be an Au Pair
If you would like to become an Au Pair, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You need to be 18 years old or older
- You need to be able to speak English
- You need to have a clear criminal record
- You need to have a car
- You need to have a valid drivers license
The above criteria are the basic entry requirements to become an au pair.
The following au pairing experience is nice to have:
- Have at least 12 months of au pairing experience
- You need to have contactable references
As an au pair, you may want to consider the following qualifications to become an au pair:
- You have to have completed Online Au Pair Training
- You need to have completed Au Pair Training
- You need to have completed First Aid
- You need to have completed a CPR course
- Online Au Pair Cooking Course to help you standout to any family
- A Study Skills Course to assist you with children
What does this mean?
Simply, you need to consider all facts before electing a company to train through. Here are some final tips to help you make an informed decision:
- Consider the Price
- Is the course completed in person or online?
- Do you get a course certificate after completing the course?
Things you may like…
- Au Pair Petrol Rates – Know how to claim
- Au Pair Salaries – Know your worth
- Au Pair Qualifications
- Hidden costs in au pair training
- How to conduct your own checks on an au pair agency – know what to look out for
- Online Au Pair Training
- Online Cooking
- Online Study Skills Course