What is a Referral Agent?
A Referral Agent is a position that is offered by some well-known corporations as well as some online companies with the aim of providing the referral agent with enough incentive that will motivate him/her and move them forward in supporting and advertising your brand and thus, generating more brand awareness
Referral Agent Requirements
In order to successfully become a Referral Agent, you need to be 18 years or older. The reason for this is that firstly, you would be referring a product/service to someone and therefore you need to be of age. You also need to have completed your Matric as schooling and obtaining an education is of great paramount. You don’t need additionally added distractions!
Referral Agent Duties
Generally, the duties of a Referral Agent are pretty simple. You need to circulate the correct copy and images, on different social media platforms to ensure increased brand exposure and your impressions.
The social media platforms that are most common for this type of work:
- Snap Chat
- Tik Tok
You can sign up at any time. All of the above are free but should you want premium features, you would need to pay in
What is a good company to work for?
If you want to be a successful Referral Agent, you want to make sure you partner with the correct company. In addition to the above, you also want to ensure that the systems and goodies you are given, to advertise and track your sales, is legitimate. What I mean by this, is that there are some companies who would love to implement this position in their company however they don’t have the correct online platforms. Instead, they take shortcuts.
The company will try and make it appear is if they have an online portal. They could do this in a number of ways:
- They could create a website page, slap a password on it, and call it an online portal – which doesn’t work. Well, it will… but it’s not honest, transparent or an accurate representation of what the system should look like
- If the company issues YOU a password… then run. This is not a safe company and is another supporting point on the “fake portal” idea. If it was a real, safe, and secure platform, you would be able to create your own password. If you are given a password, it means the page is password protected which is not the same as a portal being protected by a password
What you want to look out for as a Referral Agent
If you are signing up to be a referral agent, you want to ensure you receive or have access to the following:
- An Online dashboard
- An Online Sales Tracking Platform within the dashboard
- You need to be supplied with the correct company copy and text
- You need to ensure you have your own referral link
- You need to ensure that the company supplies you with videos, images and tutorials
Is the company offering a good payout?
The “going rate” for a referral agent, is for them to earn between 40 – 70% commission. Be sure to opt with a company that isn’t exploiting you!
At That Sassy Life Coach offers a basic starting commission of 40% (Which is R240 per sale)