Are you going away for the Easter weekend with the family? Dreading the drive? Not sure what road trip games to play? Fear not! That Sassy Life Coach is here to help make time fly!
First things first – Can au pairs travel with the family?
The answer is yes! Of course. But the key to any trip is helping the family being organised ensuring the holiday essentials have been packed, children have been sorted, toys ready to go, food made and that the pillow cases up on the windows to ensure our little ones eyes are protected at all times.
Fun Road trip games:
- I spy with my little eye. This is highly recommended for children who are learning to read and write
- Crossword puzzles and word searches (not recommended for children who suffer from motion sickness)
- Playing noughts and crosses (this is always a family favourite and is an easy game to grasp for younger children)
- 21 questions. Yes literally. Children love talking so try engaging with your child by asking them questions
- Do you have a girlfriend or boyfriend at school?
- Who are your best friends?
- What is your favourite number?
- What is your favourite colour?
- Do you like school uniform?
- Do you like your teacher and your school?
- What have you been learning at school?
- Who is your best friend?
- Name five of your friends
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What is your favourite animal?
- If you could be any animal, what would it be?
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you sad?
- What’s the first thing you think of in the morning?
- What made you laugh today?
- Where would you like to travel?
- Is there anything that is making you worried?
- Can I help you with anything?
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
- Do you like it when other people share with you and why?
More road trip games…
- Name the song playing – see who can guess it the fastest
- Rock, papper, scissors
- Car counting – count how many of the same cars you spot
- Number plate spotting – see who can spot the highest number in a number plate
- See who can spell the biggest words
- Play “did you know”
- You could knit as a family
- You can pack a kitchen tray and build lego
- You can build puzzles
- You can read
- You can play carpool karaoke
If you are travelling this coming Easter weekend, please drive carefully and remember to take regular breaks. For more hints, tips and advice, contact That Sassy Life Coach.